Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Reckless driving ticket in Virginia (Fairfax County), should I get a lawyer?

I was driving to a relatives house late one Saturday night from Maryland. I got caught going 89 in a 55 on Route 28. I could of sworn the speed limit was 65 on Route 28 but none the less, I was speeding and I know I shouldn't have been. It was late, I was tired, there were no cars around me and I was trying to get where I was going as soon as possible. So please no lectures about how I shouldn't have been speeding, thank you, I am aware. My question is what should I be expecting on my court date of Dec 6th? I've never been stopped by the police or had any speeding tickets before. Only one parking ticket in DC, which I paid! I've been told Virginia traffic laws can be extremely harsh. I'm a working, going to school, full time mother in her mid twenties with a clean record. Should I lawyer up and try to fight this? Or just admit my guilt and hope the judge has mercy?? What should I be expecting for the price of fines as well? Do they make you pay right then and there? Or can you set up some kind of payment plan? Thanks in advance for all the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment