Thursday, August 18, 2011

How do I deal with my depression from getting laid off?

I just got laid off today. It was totally unexpected. Sadly I wasn't alone on this. It felt like I got hit with a sledge hammer in my stomach. I'm so depressed and feel like I'm walking in a daze. When I got home I looked at my wife and 1 year old sons faces and fought my tears back harder then I've ever fought them before. I've tried my hardest to tell my wife that it will be okay so she wouldn't worry, but inside it feels like I'm dying. The way things are right now I don't know if I can find another job, non the less find one that pays what I was getting paid. It feels like a bad dream. I didn't think it would hit me this hard, but I'm finding it real hard to cope right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment